- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/wizard-s-crystal-cheese-ball-with-celestial-chips
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for making a Wizard's Crystal Cheese Ball with Celestial Crackers. See a great-tasting future when this Cheese Ball and Celestial Tortilla Chips are served at a Harry Potter, Wizard or Magic Party.
- Celestial Chips:
- corn or flour tortillas
- Cheese Ball:
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 10 ounces)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream Cheese, softened and divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 whole pitted ripe black olives
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Celestial Chips
- Use 2-inch star- and moon-shaped cookie cutters and cut-out shapes using store-bought flour or corn tortillas (found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store). Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place shapes in single layer. Bake in a 350Â° F. oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until tortilla shapes are starting to harden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cheese Ball Beat Monterey Jack cheese, 1 package cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise and chili powder in medium bowl until smooth. Mix in chopped red pepper and chopped olives. Shape mixture into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Beat remaining package of cream cheese in a small bowl until fluffy; Beat in just enough milk to make the mixture into a good spreading consistency. Spread mixture on and over cheese ball; refrigerate loosely covered until serving time, at least 2 more hours
- Cut red pepper into stars with small cutter or sharp knife. Slice olives into crescent moons. Just before serving, decorate cheese ball with stars and moon. Place cheese ball on inverted mug (pedestal) and serve with Celestial tortillas.