- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 19, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/williams-sonoma-s-grapefruit-jicama-and-avocado-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 ruby grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
- about 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 20 Minutes Start to Finish
- 1. Prepare the grapefruit – Trim a slice from the top and bottom of the grapefruit, cutting through the peel and pith. Stand the grapefruit upright, and following the contour of the fruit, cut away the peel and pith, being careful not to remove too much of the flesh. Holding the grapefruit over a large bowl to catch the juice, cut between the membranes to hrefease each segment. Cut the segments into pieces and set aside in a separate bowl. Repeat with the remaining grapefruit.
- 2. Make the vinaigrette – Add the vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper to the grapefruit juice and whisk to combine. Gradually whisk in the oil until smooth. Stir in the basil.
- 3. Assemble the salad – Add the radicchio, jicama, and grapefruit pieces to the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Arrange on plates, top with avocado, and serve.
Vegetable, Fruit, Vegetarian, Camping, RV, Picnics, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, New Year's, Valentines Day, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Vegan