- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/wild-rice-blueberry-dessert
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Wild Rice Blueberry Dessert. This unusual healthy dessert features fiber rich wild rice and antioxidant filled blueberries.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cooked wild rice (2/3 to 1 cup, uncooked)
- Combine the blueberries, water and salt. Mix sugar and cornstarch and dissolve this in the 1/4 cup water. Stir this into blueberries and cook, over medium heat, until thickened and clear. Stir in the lemon juice and then the cooked wild rice. Serve slightly warm or chilled, with whipped topping or vanilla yogurt as a topping.
- Diabetic Exchanges:
- 2 Bread
- 1/2 Fruit