- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/wild-pecan-rice-and-cornbread-dressing
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Wild Pecan Rice and Cornbread Dressing or Stuffing. If you think rice is rice, you’ll think differently after using this tasty healthier brown rice in your stuffing.
- 7 ounces Konriko Wild Pecan aromatic rice
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3 teaspoons Creole Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 larges cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting butter.
- Crumble pork in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove pork from skillet, discarding pan drippings.
- Melt butter in skillet and add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in green onion, parsley and thyme.
- Combine rice and cornbread in a large bowl; add cooked pork, vegetable mixture, and remaining 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning and mix well. Stir in eggs and just enough stock to moisten mixture. Spoon into a shallow 2-quart casserole; bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and browned on top.