- Recipe created by FabFood on Jun 1, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/whole-grain-mixed-berry-coffee-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Whole Grain Mixed Berry Coffee Cake, a whole grain breakfast or brunch treat.
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Start to Finish: 1 Hour
- Whole Grain Serving: 1/2
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 or 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place granola in a resealable food storage plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper; slightly crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg together until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt just until moistened. Gently fold in half of the berries. Spoon into pan. Sprinkle with remaining berries and the granola.
- 3. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until golden brown and top springs back when touched int he center. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Per Serving:
- 160 Calories; 45 Calories from Fat; 5g Total Fat; 0.5g Saturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 30mg Cholesterol; 150mg Sodium; 26g Total Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 13g Sugars; 4g Protein.
- % Daily Values:
- 2% Vitamin A; 0% Vitamin C; 4% Calcium; 6% Iron.
- 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Fat.
- Carbohydrate Choices: