- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Westbrook's Grasshopper Pie - a traditional Southern recipe.
- 1 box (8 1/2 ounces) chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 3/4 stick butter
- 6 tablespoons crème de menthe
- 3 tablespoons crème de cacao
- 36 large marshmallows
- 2 heaping tablespoons vanilla lice cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Prepare Crust:
- Mix crumbs and butter (reserving 1/4 cup crumbs for topping). Press crumbs into a 9-inch pan and chill.
- Prepare Pie:
- Heat crème de menthe, crème de cacao, and marshmallows in the top of a double boiler until the marshmallows are melted. Cool.
- Add ice cream to heavy cream and whip until very stiff. Gently fold in cooled marshmallow mixture until blended well. Pour into chilled pie crust and sprinkle reserved crumbs over top. Refrigerate. Better is made the day before serving.