- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 24, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/weight-watchers-spiced-shrimp-with-mango-puree
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen mango cubes, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Hands-On Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1. Toss together the shrimp, curry powder, allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl until the shrimp are evenly coated. Let stand about 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, put the mango and water in a blender or food processor and puree; set aside.
- 3. Heat the oil in a medium nonstick saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the red onion, ginger, sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the mango puree; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- 4. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until lightly browned and just opaque in the center, about 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with the sauce and plenty of napkins.
- Per Serving (about 7 shrimp and 1/3 cup sauce): 171 Calories; 4g Fat; 1g Saturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 161mg Cholesterol; 484mg Sodium; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Fiber; 18g Protein; 53mg Calcium; 3 Weight Watchers Points.