- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/watermelon-and-mozzarella-salad-with-fresh-basil
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Fresh Mozzarella Watermelon Salad with Purple Basil. This scrumptious and unique salad is ideal in a sandwich or on a bed of baby greens.
- 2 cups seeded small watermelon balls
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil (purple or green)
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar as desired
- Toss together the watermelon, mozzarella, basil, scallions and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over a bed of baby greens with crostini on the sides. Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over if desired.