- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/watermelon-and-cranberry-glazed-pork-chops
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Watermelon Cranberry Glazed Pork Chops. Chef Harry Schwartz developed this fabulous pork chop recipe for the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
- For Glaze:
- 2 cups watermelon puree
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 pork chops
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- (Makes 4 cups of glaze)
- Simmer glaze ingredients together in a heavy saucepan, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes or until cranberries are tender and sauce is thick.
- Place pork in a large zipper lock bag with the rest of the ingredients (except the glaze) and seal tightly. Allow to marinate at least 2 hours or up to 12.
- Grill until cooked and arrange on a warm platter. Pour the glaze over the chops and serve immediately.