- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/warm-banana-upside-down-cake-with-hot-chocolate-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Chef James Boyce's Warm Banana Upside Down Cake with Hot Chocolate Sauce. This decadent cake, rich with the flavors of chocolate and bananas, has to be tasted to be believed.
- 2 cups salad oil
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 12 mashed ripe bananas
- 8 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup milk 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Making The Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease and flour muffin tins or line them with paper baking liners. Mix oil and sugar together. Add eggs and bananas to oil mixture. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to mixture. Add milk and vanilla. Make sure batter is well mixed. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Preparing the Chocolate Sauce: Melt semi-sweet chocolate (preferably Callebut, but any bakers chocolate will do), in a double boiler over simmering water. When chocolate is completely melted and warm, remove from double boiler. Add milk and whipping cream. Stir into chocolate until combined.
- Finishing The Cake: Serve cakes immediately with hot chocolate sauce.
- Chef\'s Tips: If chocolate sauce begins to thicken after combining the ingredients, return to double boiler and stir over low heat. The sauce can also be re-heated in the microwave on the low power setting.