- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Walnut and Horseradish Crusted Salmon Fillets. This is a nice cold weather dish, served with roasted winter squash.
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tender herbs, such as tarragon, chervil, parsley or chives
- 6 fillets (6 ounces each) salmon, skin on, pin bones removed
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Coarsely chop the walnuts. Mix the nuts and the herbs and set aside while you prepare the salmon.
- Place the salmon fillets on a lightly oiled baking sheet, spread the horseradish evenly over the fish and season with salt and pepper. Divide the nut mixture onto the fillets and press gently. Drizzle with melted butter. The fish can be prepared to this point and kept refrigerated for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Bake the fillets for 10-12 minutes, until the nuts are brown and the fish is resilient when pressed at the thickest part.