- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for cooking Hot Beer Chicken Wings. This recipe is not for wimps! It is ultra-hot. Since beer is traditionally used to help put out culinary fires, we've incorporated it right into this recipe. It's still hot. Better have some cold brews at hand a
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 Cup hot sauce such as Tabasco(r)
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 Cup beer
- oil for deep frying
- First Prepare the Wings
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting off wing tips and separating the wing at the elbow joint (discard tips or save for making stock). Don't get intimidated at this process, it's very easy. (see links below).
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375Â° degrees F. Fry wings for approximately 12-15 minutes (turn once during cooking if using skillet) or until crisp and cooked through. Transfer wings to a paper towel, and let drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place the drained wings in the skillet and toss to coat. Transfer to platter and serve.