- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 16 ounces (455 g) hot Italian sausage links
- 2 quarts (1.9 L) chicken stock
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 head cauliflower, sliced 1/4" (6.25 mm) thick
- 6 cups (120 g) chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- First, sauté the sausage until done. Remove from your skillet, and let it cool a little while.
- Start heating the chicken stock and cream in a big, heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium heat. Add both vegetables to the soup.
- Okay, your sausage is cool enough to handle! Slice it on the diagonal, about 1/2" (1.25 cm) thick. I like to cut each slice in half, too, to make more bites of sausage, but that's not essential. Put the sliced sausage in the soup. Stir in the red pepper flakes and the garlic. Turn the burner to the lowest heat, and let the whole thing simmer for an hour, stirring now and then.
- Per Serving: 487 calories; 41 g fat; 20 g protein; 10 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 8 g usable carb.