- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/trout-with-bacon-and-mint
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Trout with Bacon and Mint. Fresh mint and bacon add unique flavor to grilled trout. Why not try this on your next camping trip?
- 6 trout fillets
- 3 cups fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Mash fresh mint with salt to release the flavor, add oil.
- Sprinkle filets with lemon juice. Place the mint mixture on top of each fillet and roll. Wrap each fillet with one strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Cook over coals, 4-6 inches from source of heat, for 4-5 minutes (or under a broiler in the oven). Turn and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.