- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 6 medium to large tomatoes
- garlic powder
- 2 pounds ground sausage meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Remove tops from tomatoes and set aside.
- Scoop out the insides of the tomatoes to make shells. Sprinkle tomato shells with salt and garlic powder and turn upside-down on paper towels to drain.
- Brown the sausage in a buttered skillet. drain and discard fat. Sauté onions and garlic in butter until soft. Combine with the sausage, parsley, and breadcrumbs. Cook gently over medium heat for 5 minutes. Spoon into tomato shells and cover with reserved tomato tops. Sprinkle lightly with additional breadcrumbs. Bake for 45 minutes.