- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This is a great way to make your own pasta sauce without the long hours of standing at the stove stirring.
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled whole tomatoes, juices reserved
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large yellow oion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- A pinch of Salt
- Saute the onion and garlic in a 3-quart sauce pan until the onions are soft and lightly golden.
- Add the tomatoes, juice and spices.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the sauce is as thick as hot cereal.