- Recipe created by FabFood on Feb 8, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/tomato-basil-pasta-with-romano-roasted-shrimp
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Easy shrimp pasta dinner recipe. This Tomato Basil Pasta with Romano Roasted Shrimp is an easy and healthy dinner. Fresh tomatoes and basil tossed with roasted shrimp and pasta make a filling and delicious dinner. Make this pasta recipe even healthier wit
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound penne pasta, prepared
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; stir well, then set aside.
- Preheat oven’s broiler for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet (you may wish to line it with aluminum foil for easy cleanup); drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons Romano cheese.
- Broil the shrimp for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through and lightly browned; remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- Add the cooked penne pasta to the tomato mixture and stir well; sprinkle with 1/2 cup Romano cheese, salt, and pepper; stir again; taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Spoon the pasta into bowls and top with 1/4 of the shrimp; serve immediately.