- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Tiramisu, a classic Italian dessert. This classic Italian dessert is one of the most popular sweet endings ordered at restaurants, but it isn't difficult to make at home.
- 2 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup espresso or strong black coffee
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- about 24 ladyfingers
- 1 recipe Zabaglione (follow this link for recipe)
- Beat the Zabaglione with the mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Pour the espresso into a shallow dish. Quickly dip a ladyfinger, turning to dip both sides and taking care to wet it, but not so much that it falls apart. Place a layer of soaked ladyfingers over the entire bottom of your dish. Spoon half of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers. Repeat with another layer of espresso soaked ladyfingers, followed by another layer of the mascarpone/zabaglione mixture. Sift cocoa powder over the top, cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Note: For a decorative striped effect on the top of your Tiramisu, cut out 1 inch wide strips of waxed paper and arrange in stripes on the top layer of mascarpone. Sift cocoa over the top, then carefully life off the waxed paper strips. The Tiramisu will now have cocoa stripes on the top layer.