- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/thin-mint-and-macadamia-nut-roulade
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe to cook Thin Mint Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Roulade. This decadent cake uses those infamous cookies of the same name.
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Kona coffee
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 cup caster (extra fine) sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces macadamia nut puree
- 6 tablespoons confectioner's sugar, plus extra for dusting
- whipped cream to serve
- 1 box (10 ounces) Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
- Line and butter a 13 x 9 inch pan or jelly roll pan. Use non-stick baking/parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate (use the link for instructions if you are new to this, it can be tricky) in a bowl over a double boiler and stir in the coffee. Set aside to cool.
- whisk egg yolk
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to stiff peaks in a separate bowl, add a little to chocolate mixture then fold in the rest.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan/sheet and spread to an even level. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and cover with a dish towel and leave to cool for several hours.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form and add macadamia nut puree and crushed Thin Mints.
- Dust a large sheet of parchment paper with confectioner's sugar. Turn the roulade out onto paper. Spread whipped cream/macadamia nut/Thin Mint mixture onto roulade and begin to roll using parchment paper for leverage, keeping it tight. When complete, refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into slices.