- Recipe created by FabFood on Jun 3, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/the-poor-chef-s-tarragon-chicken-baguettes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine, optional
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (click here for directions to do this yourself and save even more), four 4 ounce halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 individual sized baguettes or rolls
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a deep skillet, bring 2 cups stock (or 1 cup stock and 1 cup white wine) to a boil. Add the chicken, cover the skillet, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Poach the chicken until it is no longer pink inside, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate, pour off the liquid into a separate container and reserve.
- 2. Add the butter to the empty skillet over medium heat. When the butter has melted, whisk in the flour. Gradually pour the Poaching liquid back into the skillet, whisking until it forms a fairly thick sauce. Stir in the mustard until the mixture is well blended, then stir int he tarragon. Return the chicken to the pan and, if it's not fully immersed in the sauce (which will depend on the size of your skillet), turn it over so that both sides are coated. reduce the heat to low and cook just long enough to reheat the chicken all the way through.
- 3. Serve each chicken breast with some of the sauce on a baguette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.