- Recipe created by FabFood on Jun 3, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/the-poor-chef-s-mediterranean-chickpea-pasta-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 6 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas
- 1 can (2.5 ounces) sliced black olive, drained, optional
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions or chives, thinly sliced (discard darkest green parts)
- 6 to 8 cups mixed salad greens (or two 10.5 ounce packages)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water to prevent further cooking. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. In another bowl, toss together the tomatoes, chickpeas, the olives if desired, the cucumber, and the scallions.
- 3. Arrange the salad greens in a shallow bowl or on a serving platter and top with the cooked pasta. Layer the tomato-chickpea mixture on top of the pasta, then pour the dressing evenly over the top. Garnish with the crumbled feta.