- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 8, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/the-homestead-s-mousse-a-la-framboise-raspberry-mousse
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons framboise (raspberry liqueur)
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Purée the raspberries in a blender or food processor; force the puree through a fine mesh sieve. Discard seeds. With a rubber spatula, transfer the puree to a 2 quart bowl (4 cups raspberries should yield about 2 cups puree). Whisk in the sugar, lemon juice, and framboise. Taste and adjust the flavor if necessary, depending on the sweetness of the berries. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over cold water; let stand until softened.
- Pour the cream into a 1 quart bowl; whip with a hand mixer until stiff.
- In a small saucepan, heat softened gelatin until dissolved. Stir into raspberry mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a 2 quart soufflé dish. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.