- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 8, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/the-grand-hotel-s-chilled-green-apple-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 10 Granny Smith apples, peeled an cored
- 1 quart apple juice
- 1/2 cup Riesling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple Schnapps
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, combine the apples, juice, wine, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Simmer until the apples are very soft. Remove from the heat; let infuse for about 1 hour.
- Discard cinnamon stick and cloves. Pour the apple mixture into a blender. or food processor. Add honey and Schnapps; blend until smooth. Strain soup into a bowl. Lightly whip cream; fold into soup. Adjust seasonings if needed and serve.