- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 10, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/thai-style-cucumber-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Thai Style Cucumber Salad - a quick and easy salad great for accompanying Asian dishes.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup thinly red onion
- 1 large English cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and thinly sliced (or chopped small, either cutting style works well for this salad)
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, water, crushed red pepper and salt. Heat over medium and heat and stir until sugar and salt dissolves.
- Put cucumber and onion in a small bowl, pour marinade over to cover the veggies, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. The salad will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge, so make extra for later.