- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 1, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/tangy-roasted-beet-and-walnut-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Salad:
- 2 pounds beets
- 2 bunches watercress or arugula
- 2 oranges, cut into sections
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Dressing: In medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Place beets in 8-inch (20-cm) square baking dish. Bake in 375ºF (190ºC) oven about 1 hour, or until beets are tender (will depend on size of beets). Let cool. Peel and slice. Toss with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of dressing.
- In large bowl, gently Toss watercress, oranges, fennel and walnuts. Divide over 4 plates. Top with beets and drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Nutrition Information per serving: 9.1g protein, 29.6 g fat, 37.3 g carbohydrates, 2.9 mg iron, 176 mg calcium, 473 mg sodium, 8.9 g fiber, 421 calories.