- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/sweet-potato-puree-recipe-for-homemade-baby-food
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2-3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons water
- Makes 24 One-Ounce Servings
- Step 1: PREP - Wash, peel and chop sweet potatoes into one-inch (3 cm) cubes
- Step 2: COOK - Place sweet potatoes and 2 tablespoons (30ml) of water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover. Cook 8-10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. They are done if the sweet potatoes can be mashed easily with a fork.
- Step 3: Puree - Place sweet potatoes and cooking juices into a blender of food processor. Add water. Puree. Add additional water, as needed, to develop of smooth texture.
- Step 4: FREEZE - Spoon into ice cube trays. Cover. Place in freezer 8-10 hours or overnight. Remove cubes from trays, place in storage container or freezer bag, and return immediately to the freezer. Stays fresh for 2 months in the freezer. To serve, select frozen sweet potato cubes from the freezer, defrost and warm, check the temperature and feed.