- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This is a great way to eat your vegetables! It is so quick and easy that anyone can make these at home in minutes. Just make sure you buy sweet potatoes and not yams!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 2 quarts of frying oil
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into batons.
- Partially boil the sweet potatoes.
- Let set until cool to the touch.
- Meanwhile, bring the 2 quarts of oil up to 350 degrees.
- Add sweet potatoes to the hot oil a handful at a time.
- Stir occasionally until they are golden brown and slightly puffy, remove with a slotted spoon or skimmer, place on paper towels to drain off excess grease.
- When drained put into a large bowl and toss with rosemary and cayenne.
- Serve immediately.