- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/sweet-potato-french-toast
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
A different type of vegetable breakfast treat!
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Whisk together the sweet potato, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth. Dip the bread into the egg mixture on both sides for several seconds until the bread is coated all the way through.
- Heat a large, lightly-oiled skillet over medium heat. Cook the French toast in batches until golden brown on each side and no longer wet in the center, about 4 minutes per side.