- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- 2 to 3 pounds (4 to 5 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet butter
- Optional: roasted pecans, toasted coconut and mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Boil and steam potatoes until very soft, then mash in a stainless steel bowl.
- Combine potatoes with cream, egg yolks, brown sugar, syrup, raisins, rum, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and sugar until they hold soft peaks. Fold whites into sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into a buttered souffle dish or glass casserole. Pecans and toasted coconut may be added before baking or sprinkled on top when dish is served.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.