- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/suzanne-somers-whole-wheat-pasta-with-tomato-basil-and-garlic-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) peeled tomatoes, coarsely chopped with juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
- 20 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta (Suzanne likes to use penne or spaghetti)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, warm about 1/3 cup of the juice from the tomatoes. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. If the tomato juice is bubbling too much, turn the heat down to medium. Add the remaining tomatoes and their juice. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add basil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with sauce and serve immediately.