- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 pounds baby spinach, cleaned and dried
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 ounces sliced prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup seasons Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesean cheese
- (4) 8 ounce, thick-cut sirloin steaks, butterflied
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- To prepare stuffing: In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and red bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the prosciutto, spinach, salt, and pepper, and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven broiler.
- Lightly season both sides of butterflied steak with salt and pepper, and grill on an oiled rack for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare meat. Transfer steaks to a baking sheet or broiler ban lined with aluminum foil.
- Divide cooled stuffing between the steaks, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the top of each with the bread crumbs and the cheese. Place under the broiler, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Fold the steaks closed and serve.