- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/strawberry-vegan-ice-cream
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh, organic strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup young coconut water
- 1/2 cup raw organic cashews or cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup packed organic pitted honey dates
- Makes About 1 Quart
- Run the strawberries through a juicer to make about 2 cups juice.
- Combine the coconut water and cashews in a blender. Blend on high until silky smooth, at least 1 minute. With the motor running, gradually add the strawberry juice and dates and blend until smooth.
- Place the blender in the freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour or in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight, until well chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately or transfer to airtight containers and store in the freezer until ready to serve.