- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/strawberry-stuffed-french-toast
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 - 1\" thick slices of French bread
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons butter
- fresh strawberries
- strawberry syrup
- Mix together the 1 cup of strawberries, the lemon juice and zest and 2 T sugar. Set aside.
- Cut bread slices in half and cut a slit in each slice to form a pocket. Stuff with strawberries, secure with toothpicks. Place slices in a 13\" X 9\" Greased or buttered baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and eggs. Mix well. Pour over stuffed bread, turning to coat. Chill for 30-60 minutes, turning bread pieces occasionally.
- Grease another 13\" X 9\" inch baking pan. Move bread pieces to this second pan and bake for 3-6 minutes on each side. Serve warm with syrup and additional strawberries.