- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Strawberry Muffin recipe. Freshly baked strawberry muffins are a fabulous treat for any weekend. This recipe for strawberry muffins makes tender muffins with a crave worthy buttery-sugary topping.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup course sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F; line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside while you prepare the batter.
the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg until it’s light and frothy,
about 2 to 3 minutes; add the nonfat milk and butter to the stand mixer;
beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift
together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With the stand mixer
running on low, add the flour mixture a little at a time, until it’s
all just combined and moistened; add the strawberries and run the mixer
on high for 20 seconds.
- Now it’s time to fill the muffin cups. Using a
scoop (such an ice cream scoop or even a ladle), divide the batter
evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Slide the muffins into the
preheated oven; bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted
into the center of the muffin comes out clean; the tops of the muffins
should be a golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before proceeding.
the muffins are cool enough to touch, put the melted butter for the
topping in one bowl and the coarse sugar in a second bowl; dip each
muffin first in the butter and then in the sugar; let the muffins cool
completely on a wire drying rack before serving.