- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
A beautifully pink and moist fruit break perfect for the holidays or as an every day treat!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons strawberry extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/4 cup frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed, with syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon strawberry extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 5x9 inch loaf pans.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, beat together the 1 3/4 cups strawberries, 2 tablespoons strawberry extract, eggs, sugar, and oil. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the strawberry mixture. Transfer to the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
- In a saucepan, mix the 1/4 cup strawberries with syrup, sugar, water, and 1 tablespoon strawberry extract. Bring to a boil, and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Pour over the bread while still warm.