- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 pounds cold turkey meat
- 1 pound cold ham or bacon
- 1 ounces (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cup poultry stock
- 1 1/4 cups turkey gravy
- 8 ounces small button mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons marjoram or tarragon
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds Duchesse Potato (click this link for recipe)
- Cut the turkey and ham into approximate 1" pieces. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, add the chopped onions, cover and sweat for about 10 minutes until they are soft, but not browned. Meanwhile, wash and slice the mushrooms.
- When onions are soft, stir in the garlic and remove to a plate. Increase the heat and cook the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and add to the onion and garlic.
- Toss the cold turkey and ham in the hot saucepan, using a little extra butter if necessary. Add the mushrooms and onions. De-glaze the saucepan with the turkey stock. Add the cream and chopped herbs and bring to a boil. Add gravy, meat, mushrooms and onions and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour filling into a pie plate and top with potatoes (for a decorative effect, pipe the potatoes with a pastry bag). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until potato is golden and the pie is bubbling.