- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/spinach-with-olives-raisins-and-pine-nuts
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 20 ounces ready-to-use fresh spinach leaves or 4 large bunches, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted, brine-cured olives
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic, olives, and raisins, and sauté until the garlic begins to color, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and the toasted pine nuts and toss until heated through. Add vinegar and toss again. Season generously with salt and pepper and serve.