- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/spinach-with-garlic-lemon-and-oil
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- about 12 cups fresh spinach, cleaned
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil or lemon flavored olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Peel garlic cloves and flatten with the broad side of a knife to crush. Place crushed garlic in olive oil and set aside (for a stronger garlic flavor, do this as much as a day in advance and refrigerate oil).
- Wash spinach and shake dry, still leaving some moisture on the leaves. Heat oil in a large skillet, toss slightly damp spinach in heated oil just until wilted and heated through. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Serve topped with toasted pine nuts (or hazelnuts).