- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This squash soup recipe is a unique combination of sweet and spicy. Adding in the herbs at the end as a garnish adds a whole new level of flavor.
- 1 Butternut Squash (about one pound)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Basil or Sage
- 1/4 cup Salad Croutons
- 1 cup of Water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Pierce squash a few times
- Place on baking sheet and roast until tender, about 45 minutes
- Remove and let cool
- Cut open squash and scrape out seeds.
- Peel squash and cut up the pulp.
- Place squash in a medium pot and mash with a fork.
- Stir in 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon Thai peanut sauce.
- Heat through over medium heat.
- Stir in more water or peanut sauce if needed to achieve desired consistency or taste.
- Dish into serving bowls and top with basil and croutons (if desired)