- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/spicy-pork-kebabs-with-moorish-flavors
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Spicy Pork Kebabs with Moorish Flavors. This recipe comes to us from chef Tom Bradley of the Restaurant at Greystone, the Culinary Institute of America's campus in the Napa Valley.
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pound lean pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound red grapes
- Pound garlic and salt with a mortar and pestle to make a paste, set aside. In a dry skillet heat the coriander seeds, paprika, cumin seeds, thyme, crushed red pepper and curry powder until hot and aromatic, about 30 seconds. Remove from pan and put the mixture in a spice grinder or use a mortar and pestle to grind mixture to a fine powder. In a large bowl, combine garlic, spices, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and pork cubes. Toss well to coat completely and let marinate in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Yield: 12 Skewers Skewer the pork cubes, alternating with grapes. Grill until pork is thoroughly cooked (about 10 minutes per side).