- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Spanish Shrimp Bruchetta recipe topped with guacamole and Manchego cheese. Here's a delicious appetizer or tapas recipe for Spanish shrimp bruschetta.
- Ingredients for guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Fresh lime juice to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for bruschetta
- 1 pound medium shrimp (26 to 30 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 French baguette, pre-sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- About 3/4 pound manchego cheese, thinly sliced
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix mashed avocados, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and cumin together; season to taste with fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Place shrimp in steam basket; steam shrimp for 3 minutes, or until just cooked through; set aside.
- To assemble bruschetta, preheat oven on broil mode to 500 degrees F. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; top each slice with a piece of manchego cheese; slide sheet into oven close to heating element; broil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes; top toasted baguette with one shrimp and a dollop of guacamole.