- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/spaghetti-a-la-carbonara-recipe
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 ounces pancetta OR 6 slices bacon, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound dried spaghetti or linguine
- Saute the pancetta or bacon until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Combine the eggs, half the cheese, cream, salt, and pepper in a large serving bowl and beat to combine thoroughly.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente.
- Drain and immediately add to the serving bowl, tossing to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- The hot pasta will cook the eggs and make the sauce thicken.
- If necessary, return the pasta with the sauce to the cooking pot and shake over very low heat until the sauce thickens more.
- Top with the cooked pancetta or bacon and the remaining cheese.