- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/southwestern-beef-stir-fry
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Southwestern Beef Stir Fry. Faster and easier this recipe is kind of like fajitas. Don't hesitate to toss in any seasonal vegetable.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into strips about 1/2 X 4 inches
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups onion, , cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups red bell pepper, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- For Serving :
- flour tortillas, warmed
- sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat until the oil shimmers but isn't smoking. Season the beef strips with salt and pepper and add them tot he hot oil, tossing to coat. Add the onion wedges, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are just starting to wilt. Remove from the heat and toss in the green onions.
- Serve the stir-fry with tortillas, salsa and sour cream.