- Recipe created by FabFood on Sep 21, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/southwest-quinoa-pilaf
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large red onion, 1/2-inch julienne slices
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/2-inch julienne slices
- 1 green bell pepper, 1/2-inch julienne slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, add chicken broth, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, and butter. Bring to a boil and add quinoa. Cover and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the quinoa has opened.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan add olive oil, onion, and bell peppers, sauté over medium heat until soft. Season with salt
- Toss quinoa with peas and bell pepper mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.