- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This is another way to change up the usual quesadilla recipe. This is a definite crowd pleaser.
- One package flour tortillas
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can of mexican picante salsa
- One small yellow onion, finely diced
- One Anaheim pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- One (16-ounce) bag finely shredded mexican blend cheese
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the onion and pepper, saute until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the chicken and lightly brown on both sides.
- Add all other ingredients and let simmer for about 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce heat to a slow simmer and remove chicken.
- Shred the chicken and add it back to the mixture.
- Heat a separate saute pan adding a tortilla to start warming.
- Place a small amount of shredded cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Add chicken mixture and another small amount of cheese; fold over tortilla.
- When cheese begins to melt, flip to other side and finish melting cheese.