- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/south-beach-diet-parmesan-zucchini-sticks
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Makes 10 (3-piece) Servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then cut into 2-inch-long sticks. Combine zucchini, oil, thyme, salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes in a medium bowl, and toss to coat.
- Transfer zucchini sticks to baking sheet, with a flesh side facing down. Roast until just softened and golden, turning so other flesh side is up halfway through, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn pieces skin side down. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and continue Roasting until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- Make-Ahead: zucchini can be cut up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated in a covered container until ready to use.
- Nutrition Per Serving : 35 calories, 2.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 70 mg sodium.