- Recipe created by FabFood on Aug 19, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-version-chicken-quesadillas
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- Leftover cooked, chopped chicken (could be from Tex-Mex Salsa Chicken and Rice)
- 1 dozen or more flour tortillas
- 3 teaspoons butter or oil
- Fresh tomatoes and fresh green chiles or jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 3 avocadoes
- 6- to 8-ounces shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Chopped jalapeños or other condiments, such as cilantro (your choice!)
- Preheat grill or frying pan. Coat frying pan with 1-2 teaspoons butter or oil.
- Take one flour tortilla and layer with the following ingredients: chopped cooked chicken, fresh salsa or tomato slices, shredded cheese, chopped lettuce or avocado slices (if desired). Place another flour tortilla atop layered items.
- Grill 1 to 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Cut quesadilla in half or into smaller sections. Serve with black beans or refried beans, salsa, and corn tortilla chips.