- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-white-chili-with-pork
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Slow Cooker White Chili with Pork. This recipe is a perfect meal solution for today's busy families.
- 1/2 -1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounce) navy beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounce) chick peas, drained
- 1 can (16 ounce) white kernel corn
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 cup cooked wild rice, or mixed grain rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- smashed and minced garlic cloves, to taste
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- drained and diced canned chilies, to taste
- handful of white raisins
- Brown the cubed pork and chopped onions in a little vegetable oil, until onions are soft and pork is lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover with lid and cook on low setting for at least 4 hours to meld flavors, but can simmer all day.
- Cook's Note: Serve with shredded cheese (of your choice) and warmed flour tortillas.