- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 3, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-tomatillo-salsa-1
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 pounds fresh tomatillos
- 1 can, 8 ounces, diced green chiles
- 2-3 jalapeno chiles, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chipotle pepper (optional)
- Makes About 5 Cups
- Put all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours or on low for about 4 hours. Stir to combine. If you want t smoother salsa, you can use a food processor, blender or immersion blender, but I usually find the consistency is fine without this extra step.
- Use this salsa when making Cheri's Famous Fill Your Freezer Burritos.