- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Slow Cooker Steak and Black Bean Chili. This seasoned chili combines flank steak, typical chili seasonings, and black beans for a real flavor treat.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes, crushed
- 15 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 30 ounces black beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1. Place the onions, garlic, meat, chili powder, cumin, and oregano in the pot of a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Drizzle olive oil over the ingredients. Mix to combine using your hands or two wooden spoons.
- 2. Add the chiles, tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, onion soup mix, and paprika. Whisk the cornmeal into the water until dissolved. Pour over the ingredients and stir to combine.
- 3. Cover, set the heat on low, and cook for 7 to 8 hours, or cook on high for 4 hours, until the meat is fork-tender and the flavors are combined.
- 4. Serve directly from the slow cooker.